To Receive Free Estimate and 10% OFF on a new project with Us
Glen Ellyn, IL Woodworking Project Details
New Bathroom Installation
Glen Ellyn, IL Remodeling Project Gallery
What Our Clients Say...
We have had two large renovation projects (kitchen, master bath, and laundry room) in our home that were completed by Krys and his team. Krys and all of his team members are very courteous, reliable, and always on time. They are hard workers and do their best to fit their work into the rhythms of life in your home. Also, the team is neat and takes great care to minimize the impact of major renovation projects on your furniture and other parts of the home.
Krys is a perfectionist so that all of the work is done with the utmost craftsmanship and quality. From woodwork to painting, all work is done using high-quality materials and workmanship. Krys checked-in with us almost on a daily basis to make sure that we were pleased with his work. Also, he was very flexible to allow for us to make final decisions on materials and paint colors. We were extremely pleased with final products in all of our projects work and would not hesitate to recommend Krys for any type of renovation/remodeling project.
Dave and Alice Siehoff
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Glen Ellyn, IL
Glen Ellyn is a village in DuPage County, Illinois, United States. As of the 2010 Census, the village population was 27,450. The first landowner in Glen Ellyn was Deacon Winslow Churchill. He and his family moved to Glen Ellyn from New York in 1834. Other newcomers to the area built town necessities such as a tavern and school.
Moses Stacy, a soldier in the War of 1812, arrived here in 1835. His inn, Stacy's Tavern, built in 1846 and his second home, was a halfway stop between Chicago and the Fox River Valley and a probable stop for Galena, Illinois stagecoaches on their way to Rockford, Illinois. Stacy's Tavern, now a historical monument, stands at what is now the intersection of Geneva Road and Main Street.
In 1849, construction of a railroad line through Glen Ellyn was finished. The area around the railroad became the center of the town. At first, trains running through the town on the railway did not stop there. A local man named Lewey Q. Newton made an offer to the railroad company: Newton would build a depot and water tank out of his own pocket if the railroad would require trains to stop there. The depot that Newton built became known as Newtown Station.
The first church, a Congregational church, was built in 1862. Many Protestant churches were built in the village in the years to come. It wasn't until 60 years later that the first Catholic church was built.
In 1889, residents Thomas E. Hill and Philo Stacy spearheaded a project to create a new lake, called Lake Glen Ellyn, by having a dam built in a nearby stream. In 1890, residents discovered mineral springs near the village.
In 1891, Glen Ellyn, advertised as Chicago's newest suburb and health resort, became the village's official name; it was incorporated on May 10, 1892. The large Lake Glen Ellyn Hotel opened in 1892, the same year much of the business district was destroyed by fire. Fourteen years later, the hotel was struck by lightning and burned to the ground.